Bug 124187 - Font display issues with BlackForestSans font
Summary: Font display issues with BlackForestSans font
Status: RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 91607
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: LibreOffice (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
6.1.5.2 release
Hardware: x86-64 (AMD64) Mac OS X (All)
: medium enhancement
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2019-03-18 23:01 UTC by Esteban Londoño
Modified: 2019-07-05 15:55 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments
Changed Font in Dialog Title (37.99 KB, image/png)
2019-03-18 23:01 UTC, Esteban Londoño
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Esteban Londoño 2019-03-18 23:01:28 UTC
Created attachment 150087 [details]
Changed Font in Dialog Title

Some fonts were changed in Libreoffice. Specially, but not only, the name of the selected sheets in Calc and some titles in dialogs from LibreOffice. It also changed the with of the name tab of the sheet selected.
After deleting and reinstalling each font I fount out that the problem is with the font "Black Forest Sans.otf"
It's not a big issue but can be annoying.
Comment 1 Alex Thurgood 2019-03-22 08:59:27 UTC
@Esteban : the Black Forest Sans font is not a macOS system font, therefore not provided by default (at least not on my system).

Is the font in question under an open source licence ?

There are already many font bug reports in the LibreOffice bugzilla, in relation to macOS (but not only macOS). In all likelihood, your report is just another confirmation of those problems, in which case, your report will be classed as a duplicate.
Comment 2 Alex Thurgood 2019-03-22 09:01:50 UTC
According to this :

https://creativemarket.com/licenses

BlackForest font is not an open source font.
Comment 3 Alex Thurgood 2019-03-22 12:00:15 UTC
My guess is that this is related to bug 69254
Comment 4 Alex Thurgood 2019-03-28 15:02:24 UTC

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 69254 ***
Comment 5 Thomas Linard 2019-03-28 16:19:14 UTC
Hum… according to the screenshot provided, this seems rather an UI font bug. Maybe a font cache corruption?
Comment 6 Alex Thurgood 2019-03-29 10:28:18 UTC
@Thomas : LO dialogs take the system font by default, which for current macOS is San Francisco.

So, let's look at this differently :

- either the system font has been changed to something else by the user ;
- or some other font change has been effected by the user, for example, in the Font Substitution dialogue under Preferences, but my understanding was that any changes here only affected font display content within documents, not dialogs, windows, etc.

@Esteban : please let us know whether :

- you have changed the default system font on macOS ?
- you have added any font substitutions to the font substitution table under Preferences > Fonts

Does a reset of your LO user profile solve the issue ?
Comment 7 Esteban Londoño 2019-03-29 14:16:17 UTC
@Thomas:
I just installed various fonts. Also, I didn't change the font preferences in LO (or anything for that metter - I like LO as it comes) or in the MacOs system. Also I tried uninstalling and reinstalling LO, erasing any reference to LO in the Library of the system. I tried restarting LO in the "Safe Mode" and reseting my LO user profile. Neither action resolved the issue. Only deleting the mentioned font solved the problem.
Comment 8 Esteban Londoño 2019-04-01 14:21:21 UTC
@Thomas:

Other important information: I installed all the fonts in the System and not in my user (so other users in the computer can use them).
Comment 9 QA Administrators 2019-05-08 21:48:27 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 10 Alex Thurgood 2019-05-14 09:09:38 UTC
@Esteban : following on from comment 5, have you tried cleaning your font cache files ?

See here for examples of how to do that :

https://gist.github.com/jaredhowland/2da83f0cc0fbb1ac523f
Comment 11 Esteban Londoño 2019-05-14 16:20:17 UTC
@Alex Thurgood
I did everything stated in the link you posted, but the problem persisted.
Comment 12 QA Administrators 2019-05-15 02:57:50 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 13 Xisco Faulí 2019-06-27 16:38:36 UTC
Still, it seems like a dupe of bug  69254 to me...

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 69254 ***
Comment 14 Adolfo Jayme 2019-07-05 15:55:36 UTC
It doesn’t have to do with bug 69254, though… The UI shouldn’t randomly use non-UI typefaces based on what you install. The same problem is described at bug 91607 (I even provided a code pointer there), and will ultimately solved when bug 91400 is addressed.

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 91607 ***