Created attachment 56631 [details]
Window appearing whe I perform some choices
Platform & OS: HP Compaq 8200 with Windows 7 Pro 64bit
* User interface language: English
* Local settings: Italian
Situation: updating from LibOffice 3.4.5, which was working perfectly with respect to what I will submit below, it happened this.
I started LibOffice Writer.
In the File Menu I selected Template > Organize
As soon as I did this I heard a sound of warning and a window like the one in the attachment appeared.
I started LibOffice Writer again.
In the File Menu I selected New > Presentation
The presentation wizard appeared.
I accepted the default (Empty presentation) and clicked on the "Next" button.
As in case #1, I heard a sound of warning and a window like the one in the attachment appeared.
So I uninstalled LibOffice 3.5.0rc3 and reinstalled LibO 3.4.5 *BUT* at this point I had problems also on this version which was ok.
I could re-esablish the normal sitaution only by deleting:
and using a backup of that dir and its subdirectories & files.
I retested the problem I had.
This time, instead of UPGRADING LibO from 3.4.5 to 3.5.0rc3 directly, I:
1. Uninstalled LibO 3.4.5
2. Manually deleted what was left both in C:\Program Files (x86)\LibreOffice and in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\LibreOffice
This way I lost every personalization I did in previous versions.
At this point I installed v. 3.5.0rc2 in a "clear" environment and this time it did work.
So something is wrong in the upgrade process while it seems ok in an ex-novo installation.
confirmed on LibreOffice 3.5.0rc3
Build ID: 7e68ba2-a744ebf-1f241b7-c506db1-7d53735
error appears and file loads correctly when opening a .odt file. No problems with LO 3.4.5
(In reply to comment #2)
> confirmed on LibreOffice 3.5.0rc3
> Build ID: 7e68ba2-a744ebf-1f241b7-c506db1-7d53735
> error appears and file loads correctly when opening a .odt file. No problems with LO 3.4.5
sorry, should say .ots/.ott
> This way I lost every personalization I did in previous versions.
> At this point I installed v. 3.5.0rc2 in a "clear" environment and this
> time it did work.
I wanted to write:
At this point I installed v. 3.5.0rc3 in a clear....
At this point I installed v. 3.5.0rc2 in a clear....
This bug persists with 3.5.1 (Ubuntu 10.4)
This Bug seems related to:
possibly Bug 46240 (this may describe a different aspect to the issue)
Same problem here on 3.5.1 with Ubuntu 11.10.
From the comments, problem is cross platform, changing platform.
Not reproducible with 184.108.40.206, please check someone.
Looks like WONTFIX according to:
Is this happening with 3.6.x -> 4.x.y or from 4.0.x -> 4.1.x (RC needed). If so, reopen, else WONTFIX. (If I could change the status in 1 step I would put this bug into NEEDINFO status, so please answer to the question ;) )