Created attachment 59269 [details]
7z archive containing files with problems.
Some images (and text after them not visible since 3.5)
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open Document containing images. Some or all not visible at all.
some images not visible
should be visible
Platform (if different from the browser):
Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) - tested on 2 PC
Browser: Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; U; en) Presto/2.10.229 Version/11.62
1) Attached document edited in LibreOffoice, but saved as Word document. saving as ODT - not help. PDF - shows how document should look (generated in MS-Office and exported to PDF)
2) Attached pptx - after editing and saving in LO - since 3.5 image (slide MSC ShipIT environments) not visible. Sendid both before changes (still visible) and after (image not visible).
BOTH - oroginally created in Ms-Office, then edited in LO and saved as Ms documents.
This very critical for me. Please contact if wave fix/workaround.
reproduced problem with attached docx file. It contains emf pictures inside. Writer not shows them. Reproduced in 3.3.4 and 3.5.2 on Fedora 64 bit and in 3.5.1 on Windows 7.
Changing version to 3.3.4 as most early reproducible
Currently workaround is: find somewhere computer with msOffice 2007 or more new. Opens documents docx, xlsx, pptx and save them to odt, ods, odp. It should not consume much time. Then those documents will work properly.
PS: do not save presentation in Impress to format pptx, otherwise part of content will be lost silently. Save instead to odp or pdf.
Me too I encountered the same problem with some documents produced with Office 2007: in some file there are corrupted images,i.e. wrong dimensions compared to Office,in at least other file I see misplaced images.
I still have the incriminated files and I'll upload if necessary.
I think this bug should split into 3:
- fonts in EMF images in docx are unclear (while EMF images are shown)
- saving docx doc doesn't save EMF images
- saving pptx doc in LO 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168 doesn't save table colour (while it saves table, unlike in the one attached)
1. fonts in EMF images in docx are unclear (while EMF images are shown)
tested again with LO 22.214.171.124, reproduced
bug title changed from "Writer FILEOPEN: some documents does not show some or all images (EMF) in docx file" to "Writer FILEOPEN: fonts garbled in EMF images from DOCX"
2. saving docx doc doesn't save EMF images
tested again with LO 126.96.36.199, cannot reproduce missing EMF images, must've been fixed
but, saved DOCX has unreadable fonts in EMF, which can still be open clear with double click
3. saving pptx doc in LO 188.8.131.52 or 184.108.40.206 doesn't save table colour (while it saves table, unlike in the one attached)
cannot test again with LO 220.127.116.11 due to Bug 79731
(In reply to Timur from comment #4)
> 3. saving pptx doc in LO 18.104.22.168 or 22.214.171.124 doesn't save table colour (while
> it saves table, unlike in the one attached)
> cannot test again with LO 126.96.36.199 due to Bug 79731
For problem with export to PPTX there are already at least Bug 62255 and Bug 80340.
Background color of table set to dark blue on roundtrip PPTX export: fixed in Lo 5.0.
Created attachment 115546 [details]
Compare EMF fonts in diff. LO versions
The remaining problem here is:
Fonts in EMF images in "iBox infrastructure development.docx" from attachment 59269 [details] are unclear.
Attached picture compares EMF fonts in diff. LO versions:
Fonts were previewed fine up to LO 3.5.7. From 3.6.0 up to 5.0-dev they are unclear. Roundtrip saving and opening PPTX garbles them even more, as shown here in LO 4.4.3.
EMF can still be open clear with fine fonts by double click on a diagram.
It's unlikely that any bugs of type "multiple problems/bad rendering", will be fixed.
Each issue (section break, paragraph break, text box, picture/WMF/EMF...) should be reported separately, after a search for already reported bugs.
I was wrong to change this bug, so I correct that by closing this one as WFM for the original "some images not visible" and opening a new Bug for fonts problem.