Bug Hunting Session
Bug 57155 - FILEOPEN Wrapped objects in linked headers/footers not shown in DOCX
Summary: FILEOPEN Wrapped objects in linked headers/footers not shown in DOCX
Status: NEW
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Writer (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
Inherited From OOo
Hardware: All All
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords: filter:docx
Depends on:
Blocks: DOCX-Header-Footer
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2012-11-15 13:51 UTC by jpxsat
Modified: 2019-09-03 15:53 UTC (History)
10 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments
How it should be seen (1.21 MB, application/pdf)
2012-11-15 13:51 UTC, jpxsat
Details
The .docx file (2.92 MB, application/zip)
2012-11-15 14:05 UTC, jpxsat
Details
Stripped Down Bug Doc Showing Header Issue (75.44 KB, application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document)
2016-12-07 09:58 UTC, Luke
Details
Another sample DOCX (18.89 KB, application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document)
2018-06-18 04:29 UTC, Aron Budea
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description jpxsat 2012-11-15 13:51:33 UTC
Created attachment 70116 [details]
How it should be seen

A friend send me a .docx created with office 2007.
I had to ask to a friend to send me the file in PDF to see it right...
The things are not in order and not even on the same page...
I'm joining both files here...
Comment 1 jpxsat 2012-11-15 14:05:00 UTC
Created attachment 70118 [details]
The .docx file
Comment 2 s-joyemusequna 2012-12-18 13:15:43 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 3 s-joyemusequna 2012-12-18 13:40:17 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 4 Joel Madero 2015-05-02 15:44:28 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 5 Buovjaga 2015-06-21 13:45:46 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 6 QA Administrators 2016-09-20 10:12:00 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 7 Luke 2016-12-07 09:54:07 UTC
These multi-issue bug reports need to be broken down into single issues. There are 3 issues I see here

1) Headers set to all pages but only displayed on First
2) Text Boxes and Pictures shifted down on several pages

Let's track all the layout and picture/textbox issues of 2) in separate reports.
Comment 8 Luke 2016-12-07 09:58:10 UTC
Created attachment 129364 [details]
Stripped Down Bug Doc Showing Header Issue

Header should be shown on all pages but Writer only shows on first page.
Comment 9 Xisco Faulí 2017-09-19 10:46:30 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 10 Luke 2018-02-26 00:34:13 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 11 Timur 2018-02-26 09:39:13 UTC
Section 2 content with Link to Previous is not shown. 
If Link to Previous is turned off in MSO, it is.
Comment 12 Aron Budea 2018-06-18 04:29:06 UTC
Created attachment 142833 [details]
Another sample DOCX

(In reply to Timur from comment #11)
> Section 2 content with Link to Previous is not shown. 
> If Link to Previous is turned off in MSO, it is.
Only shapes/graphical content, and only if text wrapping is enabled.
Attaching another sample with a bit of text included, the header has wrapping set to Square, the footer is set to In Line With Text.
Comment 13 Xisco Faulí 2019-09-03 15:31:45 UTC
(In reply to Aron Budea from comment #12)
> Created attachment 142833 [details]
> Another sample DOCX
> 
> (In reply to Timur from comment #11)
> > Section 2 content with Link to Previous is not shown. 
> > If Link to Previous is turned off in MSO, it is.
> Only shapes/graphical content, and only if text wrapping is enabled.
> Attaching another sample with a bit of text included, the header has
> wrapping set to Square, the footer is set to In Line With Text.

Hi Aron,
The problem with that specific document is no longer reproduced in

Version: 6.4.0.0.alpha0+
Build ID: 41cd3e8e817c8c33a13608e62eeb06ce2c6977e4
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.15; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3; 
Locale: ca-ES (ca_ES.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US
Calc: threaded

bisecting it to find when it got fixed could help with the document submitted by Luke
Comment 14 Xisco Faulí 2019-09-03 15:53:55 UTC
(In reply to Xisco Faulí from comment #13)
> (In reply to Aron Budea from comment #12)
> > Created attachment 142833 [details]
> > Another sample DOCX
> > 
> > (In reply to Timur from comment #11)
> > > Section 2 content with Link to Previous is not shown. 
> > > If Link to Previous is turned off in MSO, it is.
> > Only shapes/graphical content, and only if text wrapping is enabled.
> > Attaching another sample with a bit of text included, the header has
> > wrapping set to Square, the footer is set to In Line With Text.
> 
> Hi Aron,
> The problem with that specific document is no longer reproduced in
> 
> Version: 6.4.0.0.alpha0+
> Build ID: 41cd3e8e817c8c33a13608e62eeb06ce2c6977e4
> CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.15; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3; 
> Locale: ca-ES (ca_ES.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US
> Calc: threaded
> 
> bisecting it to find when it got fixed could help with the document
> submitted by Luke

it got fixed in https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=28b77c89dfcafae82cf2a6d85731b643ff9290e5
@Michael Stahl, since you commit fixed one of the problematic files in this issue, I thought you might be interested in this one...