Bug Hunting Session
Bug 63623 - REPORTBUILDER: font FORMATTING changes will not appear in the dynamic report output file
Summary: REPORTBUILDER: font FORMATTING changes will not appear in the dynamic report...
Status: RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 62147
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Base (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
4.0.2.2 release
Hardware: Other All
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard: BSA
Keywords: regression
: 63644 (view as bug list)
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2013-04-17 07:05 UTC by lo-bugzilla
Modified: 2013-04-18 06:18 UTC (History)
5 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments
screenshot (95.15 KB, image/png)
2013-04-17 20:26 UTC, lo-bugzilla
Details
the database with the test report "biblio" (6.91 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.database)
2013-04-17 20:36 UTC, lo-bugzilla
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description lo-bugzilla 2013-04-17 07:05:23 UTC
Problem description: 
- the (dynamic) reports created by report builder dont reflect the format changes in the Report template generated with report builder.
Results only have a (non-predictable) mix of Arial / Times new Roman font.

Steps to reproduce:
1. open a database 
2. create a dynamic report
3. execute the report, inspect generated .odt file
4. change font of data fields
5. repeate 3.


Current behavior:
No change of fonts in generated .odt Doc observed

Expected behavior:
.odt file reflects change (as I remember, this was functioning in 3.x versions)
              
Operating System: Mac OS X
Version: 4.0.2.2 release
Last worked in: 3.6.1.2 release
Comment 1 Rainer Bielefeld Retired 2013-04-17 07:42:07 UTC
Modifications due to <https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/BSA/BugReport_Details#Extensions>
Comment 2 Rainer Bielefeld Retired 2013-04-17 13:51:16 UTC
*** Bug 63644 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 3 Rainer Bielefeld Retired 2013-04-17 13:55:37 UTC
OS=All due to DUP

@Robert:
What do you think?
Comment 4 Robert Großkopf 2013-04-17 19:10:10 UTC
Could be a duplicate of https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=62147 . There is described, that the fonts in textfields are always shown in 
Times New Roman.
The description of this report isn't clear enough to decide, if it's a duplicate of this bug, which should be fixed in LO 4.0.3
Comment 5 lo-bugzilla 2013-04-17 20:26:34 UTC
Created attachment 78148 [details]
screenshot
Comment 6 lo-bugzilla 2013-04-17 20:32:00 UTC
(In reply to comment #4)
> Could be a duplicate of https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=62147 .
> There is described, that the fonts in textfields are always shown in 
> Times New Roman.
> The description of this report isn't clear enough to decide, if it's a
> duplicate of this bug, which should be fixed in LO 4.0.3

yes, duplication very likely, but error unfortunately not fixed...:

 I have recently created a dynamic report with the demo database file "biblio" with the fields "Variable" and "Author" , both formatted with Arial round 15pt;

Only the Number reflects the format change, the text/string not - it stays at times new roman 11pt
Comment 7 lo-bugzilla 2013-04-17 20:36:07 UTC
Created attachment 78149 [details]
the database with the test report "biblio"
Comment 8 Joel Madero 2013-04-18 02:00:05 UTC
Rainer - have you confirmed this one? Can we mark as NEW?
Comment 9 Rainer Bielefeld Retired 2013-04-18 05:04:42 UTC
@Joel:(In reply to comment #8)
Not yet (my basd knowledge is very basic), but let's see! 

Steps how to reproduce with server installation of "LibO  4.0.2.2 rc   -  German UI / German Locale  [Build ID: 4c82dcdd6efcd48b1d8bba66bfe1989deee49c3)]"  {tinderbox: @6, pull time  2013-03-26 12:00(?)} on German WIN7 Home Premium (64bit) with newly created own user profile:

0. Launch LibO
1. open new Writer document from LibO start center
2. <f4> for database manager
3. 'Right click on "Bibliography" -> Edit Database fil2'
   > biblio database dialog appears
4. 'Reports (Database pane)' -> Wizard'
    > Wizard Appeara
5. field selection: I added all fields
   <Next>
6. Next until "Decide how you want to proceed", leave selections 
   "Dynamic" and "Create report now" -> <Finish>
  > Writer document appears with some "heading line" with
    "Identifier - Type - Address ..." all in Arial bold 12 or similar
7. In Win Task pane select dialog as in step 3
8. 'RightClick "Biblio" (in Reports pane) -> Edit'
   > Report builder dialog appears
9. In "Detail" section click most left item "Identifier (=Identifier")" -> 
    Right click ->
   Properties'
   > Properties in "General" Tab appears
10. In "Font" property do a visible change, for example to "Courier New 6 pt"
11. Menu 'File -> Close -> Save'
    > Dialog disappears
12. In Database dialog - Reports pane double click "biblio" report
    > Writer document "biblio2.odt" appears
    Expected: "Identifier" Heading word now in "Courier New 6 pt"
    Actual: "Identifier" Arial 12, no difference to other heading items

Additional Info: 
----------------
I did that test also with 3.6.6.2, there in step 12 I saw first heading item in Courier New 6pt as expected.

@lo-bugzilla@warth-fn.de: 
Can you confirm that I described your problem?

@robert:
does the new description help you to check for  related bugs?
Comment 10 Lionel Elie Mamane 2013-04-18 05:19:30 UTC
Smell like DUP of bug 62147 to me. Reopen if can be reproduced in 4.0.3 (or a libreoffice-4-0 daily).

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 62147 ***
Comment 11 lo-bugzilla 2013-04-18 06:18:16 UTC
(In reply to comment #9)
> @Joel:(In reply to comment #8)
> Not yet (my basd knowledge is very basic), but let's see! 
> 
> Steps how to reproduce with server installation of "LibO  4.0.2.2 rc   - 
> German UI / German Locale  [Build ID:
> 4c82dcdd6efcd48b1d8bba66bfe1989deee49c3)]"  {tinderbox: @6, pull time 
> 2013-03-26 12:00(?)} on German WIN7 Home Premium (64bit) with newly created
> own user profile:
> 
> 0. Launch LibO
> 1. open new Writer document from LibO start center
> 2. <f4> for database manager
> 3. 'Right click on "Bibliography" -> Edit Database fil2'
>    > biblio database dialog appears
> 4. 'Reports (Database pane)' -> Wizard'
>     > Wizard Appeara
> 5. field selection: I added all fields
>    <Next>
> 6. Next until "Decide how you want to proceed", leave selections 
>    "Dynamic" and "Create report now" -> <Finish>
>   > Writer document appears with some "heading line" with
>     "Identifier - Type - Address ..." all in Arial bold 12 or similar
> 7. In Win Task pane select dialog as in step 3
> 8. 'RightClick "Biblio" (in Reports pane) -> Edit'
>    > Report builder dialog appears
> 9. In "Detail" section click most left item "Identifier (=Identifier")" -> 
>     Right click ->
>    Properties'
>    > Properties in "General" Tab appears
> 10. In "Font" property do a visible change, for example to "Courier New 6 pt"
> 11. Menu 'File -> Close -> Save'
>     > Dialog disappears
> 12. In Database dialog - Reports pane double click "biblio" report
>     > Writer document "biblio2.odt" appears
>     Expected: "Identifier" Heading word now in "Courier New 6 pt"
>     Actual: "Identifier" Arial 12, no difference to other heading items
> 
> Additional Info: 
> ----------------
> I did that test also with 3.6.6.2, there in step 12 I saw first heading item
> in Courier New 6pt as expected.
> 
> @lo-bugzilla@warth-fn.de: 
> Can you confirm that I described your problem?
lo-bugzilla@warth-fn.de: not exactly, in my case, the output data fields - not the headings - were described; I didnt test the behavior of the headings, but maybe the problem source is similar.
> 
> @robert:
> does the new description help you to check for  related bugs?

(In reply to comment #9)
> @Joel:(In reply to comment #8)
> Not yet (my basd knowledge is very basic), but let's see! 
> 
> Steps how to reproduce with server installation of "LibO  4.0.2.2 rc   - 
> German UI / German Locale  [Build ID:
> 4c82dcdd6efcd48b1d8bba66bfe1989deee49c3)]"  {tinderbox: @6, pull time 
> 2013-03-26 12:00(?)} on German WIN7 Home Premium (64bit) with newly created
> own user profile:
> 
> 0. Launch LibO
> 1. open new Writer document from LibO start center
> 2. <f4> for database manager
> 3. 'Right click on "Bibliography" -> Edit Database fil2'
>    > biblio database dialog appears
> 4. 'Reports (Database pane)' -> Wizard'
>     > Wizard Appeara
> 5. field selection: I added all fields
>    <Next>
> 6. Next until "Decide how you want to proceed", leave selections 
>    "Dynamic" and "Create report now" -> <Finish>
>   > Writer document appears with some "heading line" with
>     "Identifier - Type - Address ..." all in Arial bold 12 or similar
> 7. In Win Task pane select dialog as in step 3
> 8. 'RightClick "Biblio" (in Reports pane) -> Edit'
>    > Report builder dialog appears
> 9. In "Detail" section click most left item "Identifier (=Identifier")" -> 
>     Right click ->
>    Properties'
>    > Properties in "General" Tab appears
> 10. In "Font" property do a visible change, for example to "Courier New 6 pt"
> 11. Menu 'File -> Close -> Save'
>     > Dialog disappears
> 12. In Database dialog - Reports pane double click "biblio" report
>     > Writer document "biblio2.odt" appears
>     Expected: "Identifier" Heading word now in "Courier New 6 pt"
>     Actual: "Identifier" Arial 12, no difference to other heading items
> 
> Additional Info: 
> ----------------
> I did that test also with 3.6.6.2, there in step 12 I saw first heading item
> in Courier New 6pt as expected.
> 
> @lo-bugzilla@warth-fn.de: 
> Can you confirm that I described your problem?
> 
> @robert:
> does the new description help you to check for  related bugs?