Bug Hunting Session
Bug 64699 - UI: Autocorrect Replace with format is broken. Items are always "Only text".
Summary: UI: Autocorrect Replace with format is broken. Items are always "Only text".
Status: RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 67697
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Writer (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
4.0.0.0.alpha1
Hardware: All All
: medium major
Assignee: Caolán McNamara
URL:
Whiteboard: BSA
Keywords: regression
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2013-05-17 06:30 UTC by ivan.melenchon.serrano
Modified: 2013-09-19 10:41 UTC (History)
5 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description ivan.melenchon.serrano 2013-05-17 06:30:23 UTC
Problem description: 
It is not possible to set up an autocorrection of a texto to be replaced by other text with format. The replaced text is always treated as "only text": format is not saved in the configuration or applied.

Steps to reproduce:
1. On a document go to menu "insert" and select "Special character".
2. Select "Wingdings" font and select an arrow and click "Ok"
3. Select the special character inserted and copy it to the clipboard.
4. Go to "Tools" menu and select "Autocorrect options"
5. Type "==>" in the field "Replace" and paste the clipboard into the field on the right.
6. Ensure that "Only text" checkbox is not checked.
7. Clic button "Replace" and then clik "OK"
8. type "==>" and a space in the document.
9. The text has "times new roman" font instead Windings font.


Current behavior:
The replaced text has the format of the text being edited.

Expected behavior:
The replaced text should have the format it had when created in the Autocorrect options.

Operating System: Windows XP
Version: 4.0.3.3 release
Comment 1 Kumāra 2013-08-24 06:24:02 UTC
At first, I thought this should be an enhancement request, not a bug. On closer reading, I realise that I've not noticed such a checkbox option as "Only text". Didn't know its existence until now!

I confirm the bug on LO 4.1.0.2.

Furthermore, I need to add that there's no need (at least in this version) to copy the selection and paste in the right "with" box. Just highlighting the selection and activating AutoCorrect Options will have the selection automatically pasted in the said box. Also, the button is (now) labeled New (not Replace).

Nonetheless, (as original reporter noted) the function still doesn't work.
Comment 2 Kumāra 2013-08-24 06:37:25 UTC
Since the help file says that should work, it suggests that this used to work. If so, it's a regression.
Comment 3 Cor Nouws 2013-08-24 08:02:00 UTC
(ah well, one of the bugs that I see while rushing around and fail to add to bugzilla mayself :( )

It's present first in 4.0.0.alpha1 
OK in 3.6.x

@caolan: Could it be that this broke with the conversion to new UI/widgets ?
Comment 4 Cor Nouws 2013-08-24 08:06:48 UTC
@ivan: to set autocorrect with content, I always simply select the text in Writer, add text to the field 'replace' and hit 'new'
Comment 5 Cor Nouws 2013-08-24 08:09:43 UTC
to check: loaded 3.6.x profile in 4.0.0 alpha1, and indeed the autocorrect with formatting from 3.6.x is used correctly.
So indeed the problem is that the autocorrect entry is not saved correctly.
Comment 6 pierre-yves samyn 2013-09-11 12:52:36 UTC
Hello

Reproduced (qa-fr) with
4.0.4.2, 4.1.0.4, 4.1.1.2

Regards
Pierre-Yves
Comment 7 Mike Kaganski 2013-09-14 01:35:52 UTC
*** Bug 67697 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 8 Kumāra 2013-09-14 05:43:55 UTC
(In reply to comment #7)
> *** Bug 67697 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

To minimise creation of duplicates, I'm rewording the bug summary.
Comment 9 Caolán McNamara 2013-09-16 14:06:15 UTC
Not a regression from .ui conversion, but I'll fix it.
Comment 10 Caolán McNamara 2013-09-16 14:44:31 UTC
fixed in master proposed for 4-1 and 4-0 in gerrit
Comment 11 Kumāra 2013-09-19 02:58:11 UTC
(In reply to comment #9)
> Not a regression from .ui conversion, but I'll fix it.

That's very kind of you. Didn't cross my mind that UI is wrong labeling. Perhaps you could relabeled it correctly.
Comment 12 Mike Kaganski 2013-09-19 03:44:56 UTC
(In reply to comment #1)
> Also, the button is (now) labeled New (not Replace).

(In reply to comment #11)
> Didn't cross my mind that UI is wrong labeling.
> Perhaps you could relabeled it correctly.

I assume that you refer to your comment 1. But there's no mistake: when "Replace" field contains a text that is absent in current replacement list, the button is labeled "New", and when the text to replace is the same as of an existing entry, it changes to "Replace". So you may add a new autocorrection entry, or replace an existing autocorrection entry.
Comment 13 Kumāra 2013-09-19 04:01:12 UTC
I was referring to the Bug Summary/Title.
Comment 14 Caolán McNamara 2013-09-19 10:41:23 UTC
fixed this using a different bug id, so duping to that to show the versions it will be fixed in

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 67697 ***