When one inserts a text field into a Writer page and sets/moves the manual indentation marks shown as belonging to it, what is actually affected is the main text, not the text box.
1. Start LibreOffice, create a new Writer document.
2. In the top ruler, set a manual indentation mark (the "edge") somewhere.
3. Hit TAB to move the carriage to the manual indentation and enter some text there.
4. Insert a text box somewhere.
5. Move the manual indentation mark shown in the text box ruler.
4. The text box gets inserted, with a new, unmodified ruler.
5. Indentation for the text box changes.
4. The ruler of the main text body, containing the previously manually created indentation mark is shown for the text box. Although hitting the TAB in the text box does not move the carriage to that mark, but to default tabulator positions.
5. Indentation of the text in the main text body changes.
Linux Mint 17.1 64-bit
LO 18.104.22.168 from ppa:libreoffice/libreoffice-5-0 (Build ID: 1:5.0.5~rc2-0ubuntu1~trusty)
Created attachment 124483 [details]
printscreen from 5.2
I can not confirm with Version: 22.214.171.124.alpha0+
Textbox has own ruller
Created attachment 124496 [details]
Screenshot displaying the issue
(In reply to raal from comment #1)
> Created attachment 124483 [details]
> printscreen from 5.2
> I can not confirm with Version: 126.96.36.199.alpha0+
> Textbox has own ruller
Thanks for testing! Maybe it's OS-dependent - which OS did you test on?
I had missed attaching a screenshot, too - attaching now.
Also, I noticed another issue: non-printing characters are not shown in the text box - submitted https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=99390 for that.
Or maybe I didn't express myself clearly with what I meant with the "manual indentation mark". Please refer to the above issue screenshot for details.
(In reply to Johnny_M from comment #3)
> Or maybe I didn't express myself clearly with what I meant with the "manual
> indentation mark". Please refer to the above issue screenshot for details.
Right, it's actually called a "tab stop" (manually set in the ruler) - https://help.libreoffice.org/Common/Inserting_and_Editing_Tab_Stops.
(In reply to Johnny_M from comment #2)
> Created attachment 124496 [details]
> Screenshot displaying the issue
> (In reply to raal from comment #1)
> > Created attachment 124483 [details]
> > printscreen from 5.2
> > I can not confirm with Version: 188.8.131.52.alpha0+
> > Textbox has own ruller
> Thanks for testing! Maybe it's OS-dependent - which OS did you test on?
Please could you test with dev version?
Created attachment 124505 [details]
Screenshot displaying the issue on LO 184.108.40.206.alpha0+
(In reply to raal from comment #5)
> Please could you test with dev version?
> Thank you
I've been able to reproduce the issue with http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/Linux-rpm_deb-x86@71-TDF/2016-04-19_00.41.00/master~2016-04-19_00.41.00_LibreOfficeDev_220.127.116.11.alpha0_Linux_x86_deb.tar.gz on 32-bit Debian:
Build ID: 170a473597534cf59887b1d817538322e7039862
CPU Threads: 2; OS Version: Linux 4.3; UI Render: default;
TinderBox: Linux-rpm_deb-x86@71-TDF, Branch:master, Time: 2016-04-19_00:41:00
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8)
I'm therefore changing the reported hardware to "All".
Created attachment 124511 [details]
Screenshot without issue in Draw
This issue seems to be specific to Writer text boxes and partially to the slide bodies in Impress:
- Draw: Issue does not occur - the tab stops can be set independently for each text box (see attached screenshot).
- Impress (Ruler is not shown by default and needs to be activated):
-- For title boxes: Issue does not occur.
-- For body boxes: No tab stop interdependence between the boxes, but at the same time the manually set tab stops have no effect - the default tab stops are used instead.
- Calc: Ruler cannot be shown and so no tab stops can be set.
Build ID: 1:5.0.5~rc2-0ubuntu1~trusty
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 96371 ***