Bug 99809 - Update documentation of BASIC's Rnd function and Randomize statement
Summary: Update documentation of BASIC's Rnd function and Randomize statement
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Documentation (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
4.3.5.2 release
Hardware: All All
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard: target:5.2.0
Keywords:
Depends on: 70474 90110
Blocks: HelpGaps-NewFeatures
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2016-05-12 19:01 UTC by Johnny_M
Modified: 2016-10-25 19:03 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments
Schreenshot on current master after commit (missing code syntax highlighting, wrong indentation) (83.18 KB, image/png)
2016-05-14 14:13 UTC, Johnny_M
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Johnny_M 2016-05-12 19:01:30 UTC
BASIC's Rnd function and Randomize statement were updated on bug 70474 and bug 90110. (See https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/15818/ for the latter change.) Their documentation needs to be updated accordingly.
Comment 1 Johnny_M 2016-05-12 23:29:27 UTC
For master: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/24943/

I'm not planning to do it for the 5.1 branch, since it's rather a feature than fix. Please let me know otherwise.
Comment 2 Adolfo Jayme 2016-05-13 01:55:17 UTC
> I'm not planning to do it for the 5.1 branch, since it's rather a feature
> than fix. Please let me know otherwise.

Such a commit wouldn’t be accepted anyway, because it changes translatable strings and the release branches are under string freeze ;-)
Comment 3 Commit Notification 2016-05-13 02:05:37 UTC
Johnny_M committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/help/commit/?id=8799ced9da7b7aeb37fadf700e062cc3255ebfe0

tdf#99809: BASIC: Update Rnd function and Randomize statement
Comment 4 Johnny_M 2016-05-14 14:13:09 UTC
Created attachment 125044 [details]
Schreenshot on current master after commit (missing code syntax highlighting, wrong indentation)

I've just checked the result on 32-bit Debian Jessie, with:
Version: 5.2.0.0.alpha1+
Build ID: efc05c0a1ecac549c8340a8f9ec4e47556569adc
CPU Threads: 2; OS Version: Linux 4.3; UI Render: default; 
TinderBox: Linux-rpm_deb-x86@71-TDF, Branch:master, Time: 2016-05-13_23:40:27
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8)

And there seem to be following issues:
- The syntax highlighting of BASIC code examples is missing on the updated pages (Rnd and Randomize)

- The code example indentation is wrong throughout the BASIC help pages (just two spaces, no sub-indentation for statements, etc.), i.e. also on those which weren't updated

Does anyone know why that is?


P.S.: Some remarks:
- The pages were updated using the current "HelpAuthoring-3.1.4.oxt" extension on LO 5.0.6, which automatically removed all <bascode> and </bascode> tags, in case that matters.

- Before committing, I had checked the results with LO 5.0.6, as described in https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/HelpContent#Without_the_LibreOffice_Core_Repo, and BASIC code examples on all help pages (i.e. also the ones not modified) were missing the highlighting, so that I assumed that it's something to be fixed by an actual LO build process.
Comment 5 Adolfo Jayme 2016-05-15 04:01:20 UTC
> The code example indentation is wrong throughout the BASIC help pages

That should be reported separately, please.
Comment 6 Commit Notification 2016-05-15 04:02:33 UTC
Adolfo Jayme Barrientos committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/help/commit/?id=ce76ee35c4ee0c5cd6e7b450df2d95b289461e2d

tdf#99809 Add back some syntax highlighting tags…
Comment 7 Johnny_M 2016-05-15 14:37:58 UTC
(In reply to Johnny_M from comment #4)
> And there seem to be following issues:
> - The syntax highlighting of BASIC code examples is missing on the updated
> pages (Rnd and Randomize)

That has been fixed with the above commit (comment 6). The auto-removal of the <bascode> and </bascode> tags was the issue - see https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/msg18778.html for background info.

Confirmed fixed with:
Version: 5.2.0.0.alpha1+
Build ID: a3123cd0105c1feec3a06d071c97cb758b307bf8
CPU Threads: 2; OS Version: Linux 4.3; UI Render: default; 
TinderBox: Linux-rpm_deb-x86@71-TDF, Branch:master, Time: 2016-05-15_10:23:02
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8)

> - The code example indentation is wrong throughout the BASIC help pages
> (just two spaces, no sub-indentation for statements, etc.), i.e. also on
> those which weren't updated

That had actually existed before the Rnd and Randomize update, which makes it a separate issue. Confirmed pre-existing with:
Version: 5.2.0.0.alpha1+
Build ID: db729f3b685fd832a3ec7387b339cf2bbeb4bd4d
CPU Threads: 2; OS Version: Linux 4.3; UI Render: default; 
TinderBox: Linux-rpm_deb-x86@71-TDF, Branch:master, Time: 2016-05-13_00:37:45
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8)
Comment 8 Johnny_M 2016-05-15 15:06:47 UTC
(In reply to Johnny_M from comment #7)
> > - The code example indentation is wrong throughout the BASIC help pages
> > (just two spaces, no sub-indentation for statements, etc.), i.e. also on
> > those which weren't updated
> 
> That had actually existed before the Rnd and Randomize update, which makes
> it a separate issue. Confirmed pre-existing with:
> Version: 5.2.0.0.alpha1+
> Build ID: db729f3b685fd832a3ec7387b339cf2bbeb4bd4d
> CPU Threads: 2; OS Version: Linux 4.3; UI Render: default; 
> TinderBox: Linux-rpm_deb-x86@71-TDF, Branch:master, Time: 2016-05-13_00:37:45
> Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8)

Submitted bug 99861 for that.
Comment 9 Johnny_M 2016-05-16 11:50:10 UTC
(In reply to Johnny_M from comment #7)
> That has been fixed with the above commit (comment 6). The auto-removal of
> the <bascode> and </bascode> tags was the issue - see
> https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/msg18778.html for
> background info.

See related HelpAuthoring extension bug 94059.