Created attachment 141543 [details]
Execute the report "charttest" - no charts were shown.
Open the attached database.
Execute the report "charttest".
If you do this with LO 220.127.116.11 and versions before two charts will be shown.
LO 18.104.22.168 and all newer versions up to LO 22.214.171.124 won't show the chart.
Its the same buggy behavior as it has been fixed since LO 4.3.6.
Tested with OpenSUSE 42.3 64bit rpm Linux
Confirmed with both
Build ID: 66c02d16dd078613e754dcc775f366413fad13f0
Version: Version: 126.96.36.199.0+
Build ID: e58dc868a6ac0df24adf88f32f90a9e4fc6fdae9
The report does not display the chart and if you edit the odt file you find the chart objects are in the file, but display no parameter information. Chart type dialog is blank, Data range is all empty controls.
I see a number of open issues dealing with charts in reports ie. https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=87012
This looks perhaps different.
Created attachment 141548 [details]
chart type dialog from generated odt file.
Regression introduced by:
author Tomaž Vajngerl <firstname.lastname@example.org> 2017-02-26 22:48:06 +0100
committer Tomaž Vajngerl <email@example.com> 2017-04-04 13:39:29 +0000
commit 9009663deb8f0862f419fd99bf0b761c7f923eff (patch)
parent 1931b5b01c6fdaa204d26ec4b9675dad16373cf2 (diff)
tdf#83257 [API-CHANGE] Pivot chart implementation
This is a squashed commit of the pivot chart implementation.
Bisected with: bibisect-linux-64-5.4
Adding Cc: to Tomaž Vajngerl
*** Bug 117313 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Steps to Reproduce:
1. In LibreOffice Base create a table with some data (two fields at least) or a query.
2. Create a report with the ReportBuilder.
3. Insert a chart in the report body and choose the source data for the chart (the table or the query of point 1).
4. From menu: Edit -> Run the Report (at menu bottom).
5. It's expected the chart is OK in a Writer document.
6. Save the report.
7. Close the report.
8. Open the report from Base main screen to check that now there isn't any chart visible.
9. Edit the report.
10. Once more from menu: Edit -> Run the Report (it's in menu bottom) to check that there isn't any chart visible as well.
11. Doubleclick on the chart and select data range (Menu -> Format -> data ranges (at menu bottom)) to check now the data fields are missing.
12. Another check: from chart properties menu, choose match master fields and check that fields from chart data source are missing.
Because the chart is displayed correctly before saving the report, I think the issue could be in saving the report or in reading the chart data when the report is executed after it's been saved.
On Win10 with master sources updated today, I could reproduce this.
I noticed these specific logs:
warn:legacy.osl:7248:34908:chart2/source/model/filter/XMLFilter.cxx:576: Exception caught!
warn:chart2:7248:34908:chart2/source/view/main/ChartView.cxx:1405: DBG_UNHANDLED_EXCEPTION in void __cdecl chart::`anonymous-namespace'::lcl_setDefaultWritingMode(const class std::shared_ptr<class chart::DrawModelWrapper> &,class chart::ChartModel &) exception: com.sun.star.beans.UnknownPropertyException message: PageStyle context: class reportdesign::OReportDefinition
warn:chart2.tools:7248:34908:chart2/source/tools/WrappedPropertySet.cxx:137: found no inner property set to map to