Bug 120141 - Templates in shellnew directory not fitting to global settings
Summary: Templates in shellnew directory not fitting to global settings
Status: NEW
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: LibreOffice (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
4.0.0.3 release
Hardware: All Windows (All)
: medium minor
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2018-09-26 19:05 UTC by Bernhard
Modified: 2019-04-03 09:21 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Bernhard 2018-09-26 19:05:10 UTC
I did the following:
1. Change of the global settings "standard document language" and "standard template".
2. Creating a new document by using the context menu of the windows explorer.

Expected behaviour:
New file is according to the global lo-settings as mentioned above.

Current behaviour:
The new file is a standard file created once in the installation process.

Workaround: I replaced the files in the folder share\template\shellnew according to my presonal preferences.

Comment: The solution of this might also resolve Bug 94857.
Comment 1 Buovjaga 2018-10-23 17:30:02 UTC
(In reply to Bernhard from comment #0)
> I did the following:
> 1. Change of the global settings "standard document language" and "standard
> template".
> 2. Creating a new document by using the context menu of the windows explorer.

No problem here.

Tools - Options - Language settings - Languages - Default languages for documents: changed from Finnish to Dibole.

Win explorer produces Dibole documents.

Version: 6.1.2.1 (x64)
Build ID: 65905a128db06ba48db947242809d14d3f9a93fe
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: default; 
Locale: fi-FI (fi_FI); Calc: group threaded
Comment 2 Bernhard 2018-11-01 12:15:03 UTC
(In reply to Buovjaga from comment #1)
> (In reply to Bernhard from comment #0)
> > I did the following:
> > 1. Change of the global settings "standard document language" and "standard
> > template".
> > 2. Creating a new document by using the context menu of the windows explorer.
> 
> No problem here.
> 
> Tools - Options - Language settings - Languages - Default languages for
> documents: changed from Finnish to Dibole.
> 
> Win explorer produces Dibole documents.
> 
> Version: 6.1.2.1 (x64)
> Build ID: 65905a128db06ba48db947242809d14d3f9a93fe
> CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: default; 
> Locale: fi-FI (fi_FI); Calc: group threaded

I just updated to 6.1.2.1
Documents in templates folder C:\Program Files\LibreOffice\share\template\shellnew were overwritten by installation program with english templates.

Problem persists. In other words:
Changing standard language does not change documents in templates folder.
Win explorer takes the documents from that folder as template for new documents.

Question: Could you please check, whether the changing of the standard language does result in a changed template in the templates folder?
Comment 3 Buovjaga 2018-11-01 14:25:25 UTC
I already tried. If there is something I misunderstood, you must provide clearer and *exact* steps to reproduce this.

Set to NEEDINFO.
Change back to UNCONFIRMED after you have provided the information.
Comment 4 Alcyone 2019-04-03 09:07:45 UTC
(In reply to Buovjaga from comment #3)
> I already tried. If there is something I misunderstood, you must provide
> clearer and *exact* steps to reproduce this.
> 
> Set to NEEDINFO.
> Change back to UNCONFIRMED after you have provided the information.

(I can't speak English well but try to explain.)

I think the steps to reproduce is exactly written in comment#0. As long as I know, this annoying behavior has not changed since LibreOffice ver.4.0x.

Now, in LibreOffice ver.6.x, All Japanese users' setting of "standard language for documents" is "US-EN" for western languages and "Simplified Chinese" for Asian languages whenever they create any document from windows explorer's context menu(shellnew).

Not only the language setting but all settings of LibreOffice is applied by "shellnew template files" when you create the file with using shellnew. And LibreOffice has no command for changing "shell new template files". So, you can find that last updated date of "shell new template files" has been not changed since the day LibreOffice installed. This is clearly the fatal lack of function.

* I mean "shellnew template files" is the 4 files (soffice.odg, .odp, .ods, .odt) where are (installed folder)/LibreOffice/share/template/shellnew.