If i change default fonts in Writer, they are applied if i run Writer from programs list. But if i create an odt document by right clicking in a folder and selecting OpenDocument and then open it, it will have regular Liberation font defaults. Windows 7 x64.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run Writer and change default fonts to other than Liberation.
2. Right click in a folder and select to create new OpenDocument file.
3. Open created file.
Liberation is still a default font in a file created that way.
Writer should always use default font set in Options no matter how file is created.
User Profile Reset: No
If i try to create RTF file this way it actually works correctly and such file used my set default font instead of Liberation. For some reason doesn't work with ODT the same way.
Thank you for reporting the bug. I can not reproduce the bug in
Build ID: 3c964980da07892a02d5ac721d80558c459532d0
CPU threads: 2; OS: Windows 6.1; UI render: default; VCL: win;
TinderBox: Win-x86@42, Branch:master, Time: 2018-12-12_02:07:45
Locale: en-US (en_US); UI-Language: en-US
Hello, I can confirm your reporting bug in macOS Sierra.
Build ID: 86daf60bf00efa86ad547e59e09d6bb77c699acb
CPU threads: 4; OS: Mac OS X 10.12.5; UI render: default;
Locale: en-US (ja_JP.UTF-8); Calc: group threaded
I reproduced in Windows LO 6.1.3 and 6.3+ like this:
1. delete user profile to have clean profile
2. run Writer and change default fonts to other than Liberation in Tools-Options-Writer-Basic Fonts
3. close and reopen writer to see that default font is other and is there in Basic Fonts
4. right click in a folder and select to create new "OpenDocument Text" file
5. open created file and see it has Liberation and that Basic Fonts still show Liberation (how?)
6. close and reopen Writer via LO shortcut to see that it opens other font as default.
Note: testing with master dev version is possible is MSI is edited to set Write Registry as 1.
As I understand LO ships four empty files in share\template\shellnew, and adds shell commands in Windows registry to use them when the user creates a new file from Explorer.
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not
appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from https://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://web.libera.chat/?settings=#libreoffice-qa
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
Bug is still present
Version: 126.96.36.199 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: d1d0ea68f081ee2800a922cac8f79445e4603348
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19044; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: lt-LT (lt_LT); UI: en-US