Created attachment 145308 [details]
test docx file
I have docx file (attached) that has a table but when I open it in Writer, writer doen't recognize it as a table at all.
I am using:
Build ID: 1:6.1.1~rc2-0ubuntu0.18.04.1~lo3
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.15; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: ar-OM (en_US.UTF-8); Calc: group threaded
Created attachment 145309 [details]
docx file open in word 2016
Created attachment 145310 [details]
docx file opened in writer
I confirm this with
Version: 126.96.36.199.alpha0+ (x64)
Build ID: 62cd86977ca41677c56fb2d1f97bb1c5cbdbd416
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: GL;
TinderBox: Win-x86_64@42, Branch:master, Time: 2018-09-20_02:34:32
Locale: en-US (de_DE); Calc: CL
Could be related to bug 116889 but I haven't tested it.
Regression introduced in range https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/log/?id=f0deb6511b3766bfc89c72dd46d7770eb38169af&qt=range&q=5d2826dacd073e3e99f668358060927751622d52..c91e07e45bc5b742d7bfe8a572fb44682c78e2ac
bibisected with bibisect-43max
(In reply to Xisco Faulí from comment #4)
> Regression introduced in range
> bibisected with bibisect-43max
Then this is a duplicate of bug #120512 - the exact commit bisected there is present in this range.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 120512 ***
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 116194 ***
This .docx really suffered from bug 116194 and now that's it's fixed, there's a table.
But it likely has more issues related to RTL (right-to-left). So I change the title.
Unless this turns out to be a duplicate of some existing bug.
Please test with LO master 6.5+ built after 2019-12-08 14:55:00 UTC from https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/ and search.
This was marked regression and it was for table. But, LO 4.2 also was showing table columns in wrong order and table wasn't RTL. So, looks like current issue is not a regression, it's wrong all way to OO 3.3.
Table has Text direction set as RTL. For some reason, it turns out not to be good read.
Interesting that we can fix column order by changing to "use superodinate object setting". But if saved and reloaded, again wrong. Similar to bug 125455.