Chart in DOCX documents created with Microsoft Word covers text when the document is opened in LibreOffice Writer 18.104.22.168.alpha0+.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open the attached DOCX file in LibreOffice Writer.
2. View the attached screenshot.
3. Find the text “8888” on the 6th page.
4. The last chart covers the paragraph starting with text “8888”.
5. Change view to Web and change back to Normal. This reveals the paragraph.
Chart covers text when the document is opened in LibreOffice Writer 22.214.171.124.alpha0+.
Text should be readable when the document is opened in LibreOffice Writer 126.96.36.199.alpha0+.
User Profile Reset: No
Build ID: fcc5fc76c33de566cb2d02be541dcbde29d1eb8a
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: GL; VCL: win;
Locale: hu-HU (hu_HU); UI-Language: en-US
Created attachment 149014 [details]
Created attachment 149015 [details]
I confirm it with
Version: 188.8.131.52.alpha0+ (x64)
Build ID: 411f3a050ac2be598019d512f8ccfe041080c28f
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: default; VCL: win;
TinderBox: Win-x86_64@42, Branch:master, Time: 2019-01-14_03:17:11
Locale: en-US (de_DE); UI-Language: en-US
Version: 184.108.40.206 (x64)
CPU-Threads: 4; BS: Windows 6.19; UI-Render: GL;
Gebietsschema: de-DE (de_DE); Calc: CL
For me this occurs in LO 220.127.116.11 but not in 18.104.22.168 / Windows 7.
Which is strange, because then it shouldn't occur in 22.214.171.124, either.
(In reply to Aron Budea from comment #4)
> For me this occurs in LO 126.96.36.199 but not in 188.8.131.52 / Windows 7.
> Which is strange, because then it shouldn't occur in 184.108.40.206, either.
It also occurs in 6.1.5.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Save attachment
2. Open in Writer
The strange thing is, that if you save the document after step 2 and reopen the document, the bug has gone away.
Bibisected to the following commit using repo bibisect-linux-64-6.2. Adding Cc: to Jan-Marek Glogowski, please take a look.
author Jan-Marek Glogowski <email@example.com> 2018-08-28 10:13:28 +0200
committer Jan-Marek Glogowski <firstname.lastname@example.org> 2018-08-28 13:13:12 +0200
tdf#119458 fix sw background Idle unblocking
Created attachment 158445 [details]
Test comparedin MSO and LO
No repro as described in LO 5.4.7, although 6th page is different than MSO. Note 7 pages in 5.4.7.
Repro 6.3.0 and 7.0+, opens 6 pages, so compared 5th.
Created attachment 158446 [details]
Test resaved in MSO compared in MSO and LO
Previously I compared original attachment 149014 [details] that is 2007 DOCX.
Here I compared same DOCX but resaved in MSO without compatibility, so new.
There's difference for LO 5.4.7 but also repro in 7.0+.
Created attachment 158447 [details]
Test document resaved in MSO
This has never been a scheduler bug, but it seems my original fix actually exposed this - at least I could verify the bibisect. My fix is basically the same, then the fix commited a day earlier: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/90126
So much time spend, but at least I could verify the same general fix for the solution.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 119748 ***
(In reply to Jan-Marek Glogowski from comment #10)
> So much time spend...
and well spent since it fixes all bugs, including regression bug 131707.
(In reply to Justin L from comment #11)
> (In reply to Jan-Marek Glogowski from comment #10)
> > So much time spend...
> and well spent since it fixes all bugs, including regression bug 131707.
If I had known, you were working on the "same" bug, it would have saved me ~ a week, or we could have coordinated ;-( That's why I said that. Lots of duplicate work.