This is about the editing part of bug 120546. Just check bug 120546 comment 9 and follow up entries. It has a lot of details about this problem, so I won't replicate everything here. I'll just quoting a paragraph of the commit message from that fix, like a summary of this bug:
This special DOCX override mode is enabled by the import filter setting DocumentSettingId::APPLY_PARAGRAPH_MARK_FORMAT_TO_NUMBERING to true. This should also change the edit mode, so that a change of the entry doesn't modify the rule, but the override and this must also be reflected in the GUI character settings.
The "remove direct formatting" entry is available in the context menu and works.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open a DOCX with directly formatted bullet points
2. Move the cursor in front of the bullet point
The GUI shows the formatting of the underlying number rule style, like font name and size. Changing that doesn't change the bullet point visually, if these entries are overridden.
The GUI shows the formatting of the overriden charater style, like font name and size. Changing these also changes the bullet point. Removing direct formatting correctly works.
User Profile Reset: No
Moving to NEW
This sounds pretty much like bug #97899 and still the case with
Version: 126.96.36.199.alpha0+ (x64)
Build ID: 00db5933ded1884b2ac453552badae20fa943478
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 6.3 Build 9600; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win;
Locale: hu-HU (hu_HU); UI-Language: en-US
Testing this again with attachment 122680 [details] from bug 97899 after it was fixed:
- Selecting the numbering such as before the "First with numbering" paragraph shows Calibri 11 instead of TNR 12 (still incorrect, this is the para style formatting instead of the direct formatting)
- Changing numbering formatting such as font color, size, font type, underline is now applied in the document (works now as result of the fix to bug 97899)
- Undoing these changes does NOT work
- Right click - Clear Direct Formatting command does NOT work, above changes are not removed, only direct formatting on the paragraph (this did not change)