Created attachment 67704 [details]
embedded pictures in odt document
Windows 7 PRO & Ubuntu 12.04.1
Trying to export an odt & odg-file to pdf causes the embedded pictures not convert with scale settings included.
Thanks for bugreport
used attachment and File->Export to PDF
3.5.7 and 3.6.3 on RFR 17 64 bit
3.5.0 and 3.6.3 on Windows XP 32 bit
3.4.2, 3.5.0, 3.5.4 on Windows XP 32 bit
Looks like regression appears after 3.5.4 version (I do not know when exactly)
I can reproduce this bug on 3.6.x but on 22.214.171.124 it works just fine. I had to regress to 3.5 due to this bug. It affects all objects pasted to any Libre Office application as windows GDI metafile.
(In reply to comment #2)
> I can reproduce this bug on 3.6.x but on 126.96.36.199 it works just fine. I had
> to regress to 3.5 due to this bug. It affects all objects pasted to any
> Libre Office application as windows GDI metafile.
Forgot to add I tried this Windows 7 (both 32bit and 64bit).
(In reply to comment #1)
> Thanks for bugreport
> used attachment and File->Export to PDF
> 3.5.7 and 3.6.3 on RFR 17 64 bit
> 3.5.0 and 3.6.3 on Windows XP 32 bit
> Not reproduced:
> 3.4.2, 3.5.0, 3.5.4 on Windows XP 32 bit
> Looks like regression appears after 3.5.4 version (I do not know when
On my laptop (Win 7 64bit) the problem does not exist in 188.8.131.52 and appears only in 3.6.x and continues to 4.0 RC2. Real shame as I cannot upgrade beyond 3.5.7 due to this bug.
There is also a similar bug reported in 61859. It may be a duplicate.
In addition to pdf export, printing is also affected the same way.
I can confirm this on Bodhi Linux with Version 184.108.40.206 release, updating version to reflect earliest confirmed version.
Unfortunately bibisect is useless here, problem occurs prior to 3.6alpha1.
*** Bug 65879 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
confirmed with 4.0.4 Win7 64bit home edition
very annoying bug
Created attachment 83339 [details]
PDF exports 4.0.4 & 4.1.0
I confirm the pdf export of test file is messy with 4.0.4 while it works fine with 4.1.0 (see attached files).
it seems that it has been fixed somehow during 4.1.x development.
maybe devs may investigate which committ did the fix and see if it can be backported to 4.0.5.
changing status to RESOLVED FIXED
The correct status is WFM as we don't know the patch that fixed the problem. Marking as such
Migrating Whiteboard tags to Keywords: (bibisectrequest)