Problem description: According to LibreOffice Version 3.4 Calc Guide , "a shortcut way to fill cells is to grab the “handle” in the lower right-hand corner of the cell". Actually, it is not possible to copy a merged cell in Calc and paste the merged cell by dragging the handle, and to create another merged cell at the same time.
Steps to reproduce:
1. The operating system used is Linux debian 2.6.32-5-686 #1 SMP Sun Sep 23 09:49:36 UTC 2012 i686 GNU/Linux.
2. The LibreOffice versions involved are:
- LibreOffice Version 18.104.22.168 (Build ID: 2ef5aff) (LO22.214.171.124)
- LibreOffice Version 126.96.36.199 (Build ID: 527dba6f6e0cfbbc71bd6e7b88a52699bb48799) (LO188.8.131.52)
3. File -> New -> Spreadsheet
4. Select A1:B1 -> Format -> Merge Cells -> Merge Cells
5. Type the letter a in A1:B1. -> Enter
6. Select A1:B1.
7. Drag the handle to the right to copy and paste the content.
8. C1:D1 is not a merged cell.
9. The letter a in A1:B1 appears separately in C1 and D1.
10. Select A1:B1.
11. Drag the handle downwards to copy and paste the content.
12. A2:B2 is not a merged cell.
13. The letter a in A1:B1 appears separately in A2 and A3.
Current behavior: Users cannot create another merged cell by dragging the handle of an existing merged cell.
Expected behavior: Users can create another merged cell by dragging the handle of an existing merged cell.
C. H. D.
Operating System: Debian
Version: 184.108.40.206 rc
can you change the importance from normal to enhancement.
High (merged cells pretty common, copying these should work as expected which is to carry the merge with the copy/paste and/or drag - copy/paste works as expect, dragging does not)
*** Bug 79042 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
A decision has to be made, whether formatting should be carried over or not. Ideally, the user should be able to chose. If that was implemented, Bug 40993 would be resolved, too.
*** Bug 86908 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
I tested the behaviour of MS Office 365 and with Excel you can drag merged cells as specified in the "Expected behavior" of the Description.
Tested with Office 365:
* Version: 15.0.4701.1002
* Locale: it_IT
* OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x86
Why are we bumping pet enhancement requests to highest? Makes literally no sense....setting back to medium - as all enhancements should be. Enhancements are by definition "pet" requests thus highest (equivalent to MAB) is not appropriate.
*** Bug 119817 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 85322 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***