Bug 67544 - FILESAVE: Slide transistion sound(other sound) is not included in presentation file
Summary: FILESAVE: Slide transistion sound(other sound) is not included in presentatio...
Status: NEW
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Impress (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
4.1.0.4 release
Hardware: Other All
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard: BSA target:5.3.0
Keywords:
: 57291 100540 (view as bug list)
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2013-07-30 15:28 UTC by Zeki Bildirici
Modified: 2018-09-12 02:39 UTC (History)
9 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments
Other Sound dialog (117.08 KB, image/jpeg)
2013-07-30 15:28 UTC, Zeki Bildirici
Details
Insert - Movie or Sound dialog (138.18 KB, image/jpeg)
2013-07-30 15:29 UTC, Zeki Bildirici
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Zeki Bildirici 2013-07-30 15:28:37 UTC
Created attachment 83305 [details]
Other Sound dialog

Problem description: 

When adding a custom slide transistion sound, Impress only creates link to that file and plays the sound locally. 

However if you send the presentation to another computer or USB etc, the custom slide trans. sound does not work.

The problem is caused by the Other Sound dialog,under
Slide Transition -> Sound selection, which misses include sound file and inserst the file directly as link.(Screenshot1) While Insert - Movie or Sound dialog inserts direcly the sound file to the presentation, and has Link option too(screenshot2)

Expected behavior:

Having custom transistion sounds within the presentation file which may enable to use custom transition sounds on other computers.
 
              
Operating System: All
Version: 4.1.0.4 release
Comment 1 Zeki Bildirici 2013-07-30 15:29:17 UTC
Created attachment 83306 [details]
Insert - Movie or Sound dialog
Comment 2 David Tardon 2013-07-31 05:13:11 UTC
Should be relatively simple to add this, probably by using the standard open dialog implementation (I do not see anything that would require special treatment). The "Other sound..." dialog is implemented by class SdOpenSoundFileDialog in sd/source/ui/dlg/filedlg.cxx , "Insert -> Movie or Sound" uses the standard open dialog implementation, run from function MediaWindow::executeMediaURLDialog() in avmedia/source/viewer/mediawindow.cxx .
Comment 3 Samuel Mehrbrodt (CIB) 2013-10-01 21:50:16 UTC
*** Bug 57291 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 4 Björn Michaelsen 2013-10-04 18:47:12 UTC
adding LibreOffice developer list as CC to unresolved EasyHacks for better visibility.

see e.g. http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/minutes-of-ESC-call-td4076214.html for details
Comment 5 vulcain 2014-01-30 11:11:10 UTC
Duplicate of bug 44223 ??
Comment 6 Jan Holesovsky 2014-03-20 16:47:46 UTC
Having researched some details here, for the embedding itself, I'd try to use code like http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/sd/source/ui/view/sdview4.cxx#n277

See the 'realURL' - if it is a link, then the URL is copied there, if it should be embedded, ::avmedia::EmbedMedia will take care of the embedding, and will provide you with the updated URL that will point to the embedded object.

You want to do this in sd/source/ui/animations/CustomAnimationDialog.cxx just after aFile = aFileDialog.GetPath(); I guess - hope this works :-)
Comment 7 Vishv 2014-04-04 18:45:49 UTC
Hi,

My patch related to this bug is at https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/8700/ . I have tried much but I am kind of stuck since few days. Any help will be really helpful. 
In-order to embed the music in the slidetransition, we have to use EmbedMedia() function.  I have used that function, but I am not successful in embedding the media file.

The EmbedMedia() takes a reference of XModel object and XModel itself takes a reference of SdDrawDocument. And it is initialized like this:
	XModel(GetDoc().GetObjectShell()->GetModel()).

So here GetDoc() returns a reference of SdDrawDocument(i.e SdDrawDocument&) and then it proceeds accordingly.
 
In the SlideTransitionPane.cxx, I have access to "SdDrawDocument* mpDrawDoc". So I do like this:
      uno::Reference<frame::XModel> const xModel(mpDrawDoc->GetObjectShell()->GetModel());
And then use this xModel in the EmbedMedia().

The above code don't give me any compilation error. But, when I open an instance of Impress from my terminal, I could see this messages http://pastebin.ca/2679016. And this seems to be the reason behind the EmbedMedia() not able to create & store the .mp3 file in "Media/" (which is vnd.sun.star.Package:Media).

So I think, I require a reference to SdDrawDocument, but I am not sure how can I get one. Typecasting is not possible because 'Operator=' is not defined for "SdDrawDocument". 

My current patch includes a changed dialog and also it's compiling correctly.

So can someone please look at my patch and let me know their views and guide me?
And let me know if I am in the right direction.
Comment 8 Thorsten Behrens (CIB) 2014-05-15 07:39:45 UTC
(In reply to comment #7)
> The above code don't give me any compilation error. But, when I open an
> instance of Impress from my terminal, I could see this messages
> http://pastebin.ca/2679016. And this seems to be the reason behind the
> EmbedMedia() not able to create & store the .mp3 file in "Media/" (which is
> vnd.sun.star.Package:Media).
> 
That paste is not really helpful, since you can't tell which part of your code is triggering it. Have you debugged this (both a working call to EmbedMedia, and your snippets)?
Comment 9 Vishv 2014-05-18 08:57:17 UTC
(In reply to comment #8)
> (In reply to comment #7)
> > The above code don't give me any compilation error. But, when I open an
> > instance of Impress from my terminal, I could see this messages
> > http://pastebin.ca/2679016. And this seems to be the reason behind the
> > EmbedMedia() not able to create & store the .mp3 file in "Media/" (which is
> > vnd.sun.star.Package:Media).
> > 
> That paste is not really helpful, since you can't tell which part of your
> code is triggering it. Have you debugged this (both a working call to
> EmbedMedia, and your snippets)?

Yes, I had debugged the working call to "EmbedMedia()", when called by (1) "Insert->Media and Sound"  and (2) and for this case (slide transitions). It seems to work similarly in both cases. But, still for the second case it does not embed the music file.
Comment 10 Zeki Bildirici 2015-08-23 14:31:09 UTC
(In reply to Vishv from comment #9)
> (In reply to comment #8)
> > (In reply to comment #7)
> > > The above code don't give me any compilation error. But, when I open an
> > > instance of Impress from my terminal, I could see this messages
> > > http://pastebin.ca/2679016. And this seems to be the reason behind the
> > > EmbedMedia() not able to create & store the .mp3 file in "Media/" (which is
> > > vnd.sun.star.Package:Media).
> > > 
> > That paste is not really helpful, since you can't tell which part of your
> > code is triggering it. Have you debugged this (both a working call to
> > EmbedMedia, and your snippets)?
> 
> Yes, I had debugged the working call to "EmbedMedia()", when called by (1)
> "Insert->Media and Sound"  and (2) and for this case (slide transitions). It
> seems to work similarly in both cases. But, still for the second case it
> does not embed the music file.

Ping :)
Comment 11 Robinson Tryon (qubit) 2015-12-14 06:22:23 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 12 jani 2016-02-17 07:30:19 UTC
Removing assigned as it is not

There are currently no code pointer ?
Comment 13 Chris Sherlock 2016-02-17 09:09:14 UTC
NEEDINFO should only be set if we need more information to diagnose or replicate the issue. Best not to use it if we just need to provide code pointers. Therefore setting status to NEW.
Comment 14 jani 2016-02-17 10:06:29 UTC
(In reply to Chris Sherlock from comment #13)
> NEEDINFO should only be set if we need more information to diagnose or
> replicate the issue. Best not to use it if we just need to provide code
> pointers. Therefore setting status to NEW.


Well let me put it differently, it is only an EasyHack when we have code pointers, so having it as "NEW" causes problems e.g. in our Wiki, because it is shown as a ready to go EasyHack.

I opted not to remove the EASYHACK tag, because it would be confusing, but setting NEEDINFO, with the clear comment asking for a code pointer, seems like a good hint to the reporter.

we actually discussed this in ESC a while ago, and I am tasked with walking through all EasyHacks and make sure they are valid with code pointers etc.

A new contributor actually NEEDINFO to be able to diagnose the problem (a code pointeer), so seen from that perspective it cannot be wrong.
Comment 15 Samuel Mehrbrodt (CIB) 2016-06-30 10:04:55 UTC
*** Bug 100540 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 16 Samuel Mehrbrodt (CIB) 2016-07-11 13:07:21 UTC
WIP Patch here: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/26854/
Comment 17 Commit Notification 2016-11-11 12:40:44 UTC
Samuel Mehrbrodt committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=518e1999c4a77e6a8fb7ddf02568461d0343bb9a

tdf#67544 Embed slide transition sound in the presentation

It will be available in 5.3.0.

The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Testing_Daily_Builds

Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
Comment 18 Al-Ayoubi 2016-12-16 18:48:13 UTC
(In reply to Commit Notification from comment #17)
> Samuel Mehrbrodt committed a patch related to this issue.
> It has been pushed to "master":
> 
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/
> ?id=518e1999c4a77e6a8fb7ddf02568461d0343bb9a
> 
> tdf#67544 Embed slide transition sound in the presentation
> 
> It will be available in 5.3.0.
> 
> The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
> http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
> information about daily builds can be found at:
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Testing_Daily_Builds
> 
> Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.

Salamu alaikum,

Hi every one and thank you for this great project Libreoffice.

I'm a mother of two children and I'm using both LibreOffice Impress and GNU/Linux (Debian, Mint) OS to create slideshow presentations as educational videos for my 2 kids.

Here are some of my educational videos created with Libreoffice Impress so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otdkoNp1bbU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWzVH-BA5zI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4BUx7_COjE

But in all of them, I encounter the problem of adding Sounds to Transitions and Custom Animations, as mentioned here : 

https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=104678


Since i'm not a developer, All i can do is to file a bug if not already done. That is why I hope that you Developper people and ICT guys can help us non-too-ICT oriented people, use this great Office Suite to deal with our daily ICT needs.

Thank you all!
Comment 19 Al-Ayoubi 2016-12-19 17:52:04 UTC
(In reply to Al-Ayoubi from comment #18)
> (In reply to Commit Notification from comment #17)
> > Samuel Mehrbrodt committed a patch related to this issue.
> > It has been pushed to "master":
> > 
> > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/
> > ?id=518e1999c4a77e6a8fb7ddf02568461d0343bb9a
> > 
> > tdf#67544 Embed slide transition sound in the presentation
> > 
> > It will be available in 5.3.0.
> > 
> > The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
> > http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
> > information about daily builds can be found at:
> > http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Testing_Daily_Builds
> > 
> > Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
> 
> Salamu alaikum,
> 
> Hi every one and thank you for this great project Libreoffice.
> 
> I'm a mother of two children and I'm using both LibreOffice Impress and
> GNU/Linux (Debian, Mint) OS to create slideshow presentations as educational
> videos for my 2 kids.
> 
> Here are some of my educational videos created with Libreoffice Impress so
> far:
> 
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otdkoNp1bbU
> 
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWzVH-BA5zI
> 
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4BUx7_COjE
> 
> But in all of them, I encounter the problem of adding Sounds to Transitions
> and Custom Animations, as mentioned here : 
> 
> https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=104678
> 
> 
> Since i'm not a developer, All i can do is to file a bug if not already
> done. That is why I hope that you Developper people and ICT guys can help us
> non-too-ICT oriented people, use this great Office Suite to deal with our
> daily ICT needs.
> 
> Thank you all!

I've tested the build that here is :

Version: 5.3.0.0.beta2+
Build ID: 6eb2598a5d052220c6b569d1b49e80800850ac06
CPU Threads: 4; OS Version: Linux 4.8; UI Render: default; VCL: gtk2; Layout Engine: new; 
TinderBox: Linux-rpm_deb-x86_64@70-TDF, Branch:libreoffice-5-3, Time: 2016-12-14_22:50:48
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); Calc: group

But the problem still persists, and it is impossible for me to create slideshows with custom animations+Sounds unless i use Microsoft Windows.

Here is the daily build of the 14/12/2016 that i've tested:

libreoffice-5-3~2016-12-14_22.50.48_LibreOfficeDev_5.3.0.0.beta2_Linux_x86-64_deb
Comment 20 Xisco Faulí 2017-09-11 08:32:19 UTC
Dear developer,
This bug has been in ASSIGNED status for more than 3 months without any
activity. Resetting it to NEW.
Please assigned it back to yourself if you're still working on this.
Comment 21 QA Administrators 2018-09-12 02:39:07 UTC
** Please read this message in its entirety before responding **

To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.

There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.

If you have time, please do the following:

Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/

If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
 
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.

Please DO NOT

Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not 
appropriate in this case)


If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/

2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword


Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa

Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!

Warm Regards,
QA Team

MassPing-UntouchedBug