1. The file was converted from doc to odt.
2. There are tables with multiple columns which made the cell width narrow
3. A cell (in the attached file the leftest column) is across the page due to other columns containing multiple rows, the part in the top of the second page wouldn't be able to edit, and couldn't be clicked showing that the cell was locked and couldn't be edited
4. Opening such files in LibreOffice 5.2+ would cause Writer hang forever with CPU rate 100+%
5. However in LibreOffice 4.0 when clicking such a cell the cursor can go there, just can't edit, and doesn't hang either
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open the attached file in LibreOffice 5.2+ Writer (also reproducible in 6.1.2)
2. Writer would very easily hang after some actions
Writer hangs forever until I manually killed the process
It shouldn't hang
User Profile Reset: Yes
In LibreOffice 4.0 it worked well opening/editing the file.
When clicking the crossed cell the cursor could go to the second part (in the top of the second page) just couldn't edit.
In 5.2+ the cursor couldn't go there, and it hangs every time.
Created attachment 147052 [details]
Problematic odt file
The file was converted from doc to odf. Built by Word 2003 originally.
Build ID: a63cd8bbe7cf881daa8dc7a7f32f3e5ac384e902
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.15; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: ca-ES (ca_ES.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US
but not in
Build ID: 4136757b4e51c4e6f7cb4132c95538a7f831ef2c
CPU Threads: 4; OS Version: Linux 4.15; UI Render: default; VCL: gtk3; Layout Engine: new;
Locale: ca-ES (ca_ES.UTF-8); Calc: group
Regression introduced by:
author Mike Kaganski <email@example.com> 2016-12-08 23:01:03 +0300
committer Miklos Vajna <firstname.lastname@example.org> 2016-12-12 08:23:30 +0000
commit 6f5024de2e1a5cc533527e45b33d9a415467c48d (patch)
parent 7740e945e0c74d057c424cced079adc766cc5604 (diff)
tdf#104425 sw: split rows w/large min height (fix layout loop)
Bisected with: bibisect-linux-64-5.4
Adding Cc: to Mike Kaganski
(In reply to Xisco Faulí from comment #3)
Hmm... but OP told that 5.2 already hangs?
(In reply to Mike Kaganski from comment #4)
> (In reply to Xisco Faulí from comment #3)
> Hmm... but OP told that 5.2 already hangs?
A customized 5.2.7 (for Taiwan gov) has this problem. BTW not sure if your patch was back ported or not.
*** Bug 126704 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
@Julien, Could it be possible to have a perf graph here ?
Created attachment 153148 [details]