Download it now!
Bug 130847 - UI Change "Edit>Track>Record" shortcut
Summary: UI Change "Edit>Track>Record" shortcut
Status: NEW
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Calc (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
6.2.8.2 release
Hardware: All All
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
: 134151 137110 (view as bug list)
Depends on:
Blocks: Track-Changes Shortcuts-Accelerators
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2020-02-21 15:35 UTC by stdedos
Modified: 2020-09-29 06:22 UTC (History)
5 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments
6.2-lo-screen (166.35 KB, image/png)
2020-02-21 18:37 UTC, stdedos
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description stdedos 2020-02-21 15:35:04 UTC
Description:
Related to all of that "Tracking Changes" things:
* https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=125909
* https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=130840
* https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=130832
* https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=130843
* https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=130846

If this https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/attachment.cgi?id=158082&action=edit is the "Edit>Track>Record" shortcut, I ***strongly*** suggest you would reconsider it. At least, until you've solved all of the above issues.


Ctrl+Shift+C is "very close" to Ctrl+C, and one of the ways to copy in terminal.

Combined with the above issues, it creates a very weird black hole experience, where you don't understand neither what is it, nor what's happening

Actual Results:
 

Expected Results:
 


Reproducible: Always


User Profile Reset: No



Additional Info:
Comment 1 Julien Nabet 2020-02-21 15:53:15 UTC
Before creating several bugtrackers, could you check you got last stable LO version?
You use 6.2.2 whereas the last stable one is 6.3.5.
Comment 2 stdedos 2020-02-21 17:32:28 UTC
There is a small error in your argument. 

I never said which version I am using, since that's not what the form asks. It asks for "Version: Earliest Affected". 

I am using the Xenial/snap/stable version. 6.2.x is roughly the Xenial/PPA/stable version. 

Maybe I am wrong about the shortcut specifically; however, enough of the other "Tracked Changes" issues appear in said Xenial/PPA/stable version.
Comment 3 Julien Nabet 2020-02-21 17:52:21 UTC
(In reply to stdedos from comment #2)
> There is a small error in your argument. 
> 
> I never said which version I am using, since that's not what the form asks.
> It asks for "Version: Earliest Affected". 
> 
> I am using the Xenial/snap/stable version. 6.2.x is roughly the
> Xenial/PPA/stable version. 
> 
> Maybe I am wrong about the shortcut specifically; however, enough of the
> other "Tracked Changes" issues appear in said Xenial/PPA/stable version.

If I understand you you, you tested last stable version, had the bug and tried 6.2.1 and 6.2.2 to see that the bug appeared at 6.2.2?

Instead of just telling Xenial/PPA/stable version, could you just indicate the LO version?
Comment 4 stdedos 2020-02-21 18:37:11 UTC
Created attachment 158090 [details]
6.2-lo-screen
Comment 5 stdedos 2020-02-21 18:45:39 UTC
(In reply to Julien Nabet from comment #3)
> (In reply to stdedos from comment #2)
> > There is a small error in your argument. 
> > 
> > I never said which version I am using, since that's not what the form asks.
> > It asks for "Version: Earliest Affected". 
> > 
> > I am using the Xenial/snap/stable version. 6.2.x is roughly the
> > Xenial/PPA/stable version. 
> > 
> > Maybe I am wrong about the shortcut specifically; however, enough of the
> > other "Tracked Changes" issues appear in said Xenial/PPA/stable version.
> 
> If I understand you you, you tested last stable version, had the bug and
> tried 6.2.1 and 6.2.2 to see that the bug appeared at 6.2.2?

I tried the Xenial/PPA/stable version, and it exhibited the bug.

I think that is kind enough from my side; I won't start downgrading or bisecting blindly.

> Instead of just telling Xenial/PPA/stable version, could you just indicate
> the LO version?

Definitely. I was going to; however, I find it very hard to check the LO version on my Xenial computer from my Android phone, from which I replied you. I hope you'd agree.

Check the attachment; version is: 6.2.8.2

In reality, however, I cannot be sure: As both versions suffer from https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=130846 and https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=130849, I cannot really tell which "Record" is which, and which is assigned to what shortcut.

But, please, feel free to change the earliest version affected since you most probably have more insight from the code.
Comment 6 Julien Nabet 2020-02-21 19:37:03 UTC
Ok so first let's put 6.2.8.2 in earliest version since you didn't test another version.

Then last LO version available for Xenial is indeed 6.2.8 but last LTS Ubuntu version is 18.04 Bionic Beaver.
This last one has 6.3.4 LO version available (so not yet the last one 6.3.5 but perhaps it's just a matter of days).

Anyway, 6.2 branch is EOL (see https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan) and it would be interesting you try a more recent LO version.
Of course it means you should upgrade Ubuntu or try a snap version.

Finally instead of quoting all related bugs in descriptions, you got a "See Also" at top right of the screen.
Comment 7 stdedos 2020-02-21 20:52:45 UTC
(In reply to Julien Nabet from comment #6)
> Ok so first let's put 6.2.8.2 in earliest version since you didn't test
> another version.

Good! I went ahead and have already updated the other bugs that were not so lucky to get comments.

> Then last LO version available for Xenial is indeed 6.2.8 but last LTS
> Ubuntu version is 18.04 Bionic Beaver.
> This last one has 6.3.4 LO version available (so not yet the last one 6.3.5
> but perhaps it's just a matter of days).
> 
> Anyway, 6.2 branch is EOL (see
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan) and it would be interesting
> you try a more recent LO version.
> Of course it means you should upgrade Ubuntu or try a snap version.

I ... have. All of this started in libreoffice-6.4.0.3-snap1.

Out of near-insanity on what happened yesterday, I've been jumping between 6.2/6.3/6.4 versions of different packaging (PPA/AppImage/Snap), and just for fun, I've been decompressing xlsx files to see what could *possibly* have happened.

> Finally instead of quoting all related bugs in descriptions, you got a "See
> Also" at top right of the screen.

Nice! I've never used Bugzille much, so I don't know how things here work.
Let me go ahead and update all that, then.
Comment 8 Shantanu 2020-09-26 04:27:03 UTC
I have often incorrectly used Ctrl+Shift+C instead of Ctrl+c to copy text. This started tracking changes and worse part is that I could not understand what went wrong until I somehow managed to find View - Track changes option was now enabled! Using the same key combination would disable it, but since I thought that I have used Ctrl + c it did not occur to me.

Using undocumented Ctrl+Shift+C keyboard shortcut to track changes is a very bad choice, IMHO.
Comment 9 Mike Kaganski 2020-09-29 06:06:59 UTC
*** Bug 137110 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 10 Mike Kaganski 2020-09-29 06:09:01 UTC
*** Bug 134151 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 11 Mike Kaganski 2020-09-29 06:18:04 UTC
See bug 86183 (which implemented Ctrl+Shift+E for the shortcut); bug 116098 (which made it Ctrl+Shift+C); code pointer in bug 134151 comment 3.