Steps to reproduce:
1. Open Impress
2. Click on the textbox and add some text
3. Click outside the textbox
4. Click on the textbox and delete the text with backspace
5. hold Ctrl + Z -> textbox is blank
6. Redo -> Text is displayed
7. Click on the textbox and Undo once
Build ID: 9b784a74a2f09e9eb9a0fd41d58c1f6b47ee6ee6
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.19; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US
Build ID: 5b168b3fa568e48e795234dc5fa454bf24c9805e
CPU Threads: 4; OS Version: Linux 4.8; UI Render: default;
Locale: ca-ES (ca_ES.UTF-8)
Build ID: c15927f20d4727c3b8de68497b6949e72f9e6e9e
but not in
Version 126.96.36.199.alpha0+ (Build ID: efca6f15609322f62a35619619a6d5fe5c9bd5a)
On pc Debian x86-64 with master sources (+gtk3) updated today, I don't reproduce this (I tried twice).
Do you reproduce each time you follow these steps?
Would it be possible you attach a screencast?
(I don't put this one at NEEDINFO since I trust you as QA expert + more people would give it a try).
Created attachment 159076 [details]
Thank you for your feedback, sorry I still don't reproduce this, uncc myself.
cannot reproduce in
CPU-Threads: 2; BS: Linux 5.4; UI-Render: Standard; VCL: kf5;
Gebietsschema: de-DE (de_DE.UTF-8); UI-Sprache: de-DE
Created attachment 159086 [details]
I can confirm, with the following, slightly modified repro steps:
1. Open Impress.
2. Click on the textbox and add some text.
3. Click outside the textbox.
4. Click on the textbox and delete the text with backspace.
5. Hold Ctrl + Z to undo -> textbox is blank.
6. Hold Ctrl + Y to redo -> the text appears, but afterwards the whole textbox disappears.
7. Undo once -> textbox with text comes back.
8. Click on the textbox and Undo once.
Attaching backtrace taken with a fresh master build.
Already in 188.8.131.52. 184.108.40.206 has problems with undo, which will make bibisecting the bug tough.
This probably comes from...
Author: Armin Le Grand <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Thu Aug 9 08:42:27 2012 +0000
Related: #i120498# Enhanced Undo/Redo and user experience...
when editing texts in graphic objects and/or tables
and it also crashes in Apache OpenOffice