The drawing program allows you to create objects with background fill patterns like hatches and stripes. I would like add the same sort of background fills to cells within the spreadsheet program, however it is only possible to change the background color.
It is possible to draw a box with a fill pattern in the drawing app and then paste it onto the spreadsheet, but its difficult to keep that box object associated or aligned with the cell(s).
assigning to Kohei ( of course put that back to the list if its not really for you )
Ah, the irony. I made the same request to OOo way back when I was still a user. Now it's finally coming back to me, heh? ;-)
Please read this message in its entirety before responding.
Your bug was confirmed at least 1 year ago and has not had any activity on it for over a year. Your bug is still set to NEW which means that it is open and confirmed. It would be nice to have the bug confirmed on a newer version than the version reported in the original report to know that the bug is still present -- sometimes a bug is inadvertently fixed over time and just never closed.
If you have time please do the following:
1) Test to see if the bug is still present on a currently supported version of LibreOffice (preferably 4.2 or newer).
2) If it is present please leave a comment telling us what version of LibreOffice and your operating system.
3) If it is NOT present please set the bug to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a short comment telling us your version and Operating System
Please DO NOT
1) Update the version field
2) Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
3) Set the bug to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not appropriate in this case)
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
LibreOffice is powered by a team of volunteers, every bug is confirmed (triaged) by human beings who mostly give their time for free. We invite you to join our triaging by checking out this link:
There are also other ways to get involved including with marketing, UX, documentation, and of course developing - http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/.
Lastly, good bug reports help tremendously in making the process go smoother, please always provide reproducible steps (even if it seems easy) and attach any and all relevant material
This bug is still present on 220.127.116.11 on Mac OS X.
And yet another 3 years later or 7 from the first report - nothing has been done?
There is no status available to say it has been confirmed as we cant assign it so you have the perfect excuse to do nothing which you have for 7 years.