Created attachment 62711 [details]
printscreen of unwanted user slovenian dictionary
I am carrying an extra Slovenian user dictionary entry in my installation.
This entry should not be there, I have no use of it.
See image attached
It is a so called user dictionary, which belong to extras. It is not trivial to remove it, I mean it would not be a single line patch. Packaging of extras/wordbook should be changed.
*** Bug 52321 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
I can confirm it also occurs on a Windows installation.
Creating a msi transform file with this file removed from the extras_wordbook-thing-a-muh-jig is a workaround. I would not suggest making a msi tranform file for just this, of course.
Didn't this also happen with OpenOffice? I vaguely remember something about a slovenian wordlist popping up. Been a while.
The Slovenian dictionary shows up unaccountably in my Windows XP SP3 installation of LibreOffice 3.6.0. I do not how long it has been there. If I delete the extensions folder it just comes back, and there appears to be no way of getting rid of it.
Version 220.127.116.11 (Build ID: 2ef5aff), Win 7, french version.
I confirm unattended installation with option
REMOVE=gm_r_ex_Dictionary_Sl has no effect on this dictionnary.
After setup, if we remove C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 3.6\share\wordbook\sl.dic
the dictionary is deleted (it's not a solution, just a workaround)
OK, OK, just please do not remove it from the Slovenian langpack :)
I can move these wordlists to the appropriate hunspell package.
sl to Slovenian, en-US and en-GB to English. Language independent technical.dic will stay in main package (core01 on Linux). Is this acceptable?
Andras Timar committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
fdo#50827 move language dependent wordlists to the appropriate dict pack
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
*** Bug 60424 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Olivier, what other files in the installation do you have that never get used by you? They might take up SEVERAL MEGABYTES of valuable disk space!!!
(In reply to comment #10)
> Olivier, what other files in the installation do you have that never get
> used by you? They might take up SEVERAL MEGABYTES of valuable disk space!!!
I dream not to have to handle all the foreign autocorrections in my locale... Although it takes only 360K, it perhaps could speed up a bit our LO starting time...
Still in 4.0, all autocorrections are packed irrespective of the locale:
acor_af-ZA.dat acor_en-GB.dat acor_fi-FI.dat acor_ja-JP.dat acor_nl-NL.dat acor_sh-RS.dat acor_sr-YU.dat
acor_bg-BG.dat acor_en-US.dat acor_fr-FR.dat acor_ko-KR.dat acor_pl-PL.dat acor_sh-YU.dat acor_sv-SE.dat
acor_cs-CZ.dat acor_en-ZA.dat acor_ga-IE.dat acor_lb-LU.dat acor_pt-BR.dat acor_sk-SK.dat acor_tr-TR.dat
acor_da-DK.dat acor_es-ES.dat acor_hr-HR.dat acor_lt-LT.dat acor_pt-PT.dat acor_sl-SI.dat acor_vi-VN.dat
acor_de-DE.dat acor_eu.dat acor_hu-HU.dat acor_mn-MN.dat acor_ru-RU.dat acor_sr-ME.dat acor_zh-CN.dat
acor_en-AU.dat acor_fa-IR.dat acor_it-IT.dat acor_nl-BE.dat acor_sh-ME.dat acor_sr-RS.dat acor_zh-TW.dat
Autocorrections should be tied to the locales installed, IMHO.
The problema still remains in version 18.104.22.168. The dictionaries SL and GB are still part of the Language independent package, in the directory (Windows) C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 4.0\share\wordbook.
I have been tracking every new version since the bug was reported and they were all the same. If you want to get rid off these dictionaries you have to remove them manually from the above address.
*** Bug 63113 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
(In reply to comment #7)
> I can move these wordlists to the appropriate hunspell package.
> sl to Slovenian, en-US and en-GB to English. Language independent
> technical.dic will stay in main package (core01 on Linux). Is this
I'm afraid not completedly.
Leaving technical.dic inside the main package still may lead to confusion. This dictionary is listed as a user-defined dictionary. But a user is not able to modify or remove this dictionary. I also had a look inside this dictionary. My impression is that it is more a mingle-mangle than a real technical dictionary. Hence my proposal: Remove this dictionary from the main package.
Furthermore the dictionary IgnoreAllList exists as a user-defined dictionary. In my case this dictionary contents only the words I used in my user data. The user is not able to remove this dictionary, too. Furthermore the name "IgnoreAllList" is not localized. So a user which native language is not English may not understand the sense of this dictionary. In order to avoid confusion with this dictionary my proposal:
(1) The user dictionary IgnoreAllList should not be created during installation of LO.
(2) If a user enters data in the user data section, a dictionary named "Standard" should be created or modified if it allready exists. The words of the user data should be inserted into this dictionary.
(3) The corresponding file of the dictionary "Standard" should be created in the user profile in folder "wordbook".
(4) The user should have full control (insert words, delete words, remove dictionary) about the dictionary "Standard".
(5) If necessary the name of this dictionary ("Standard") should be localized.
(In reply to comment #12)
> The problema still remains in version 22.214.171.124.
Because the fix was only applied on master. That means it will be in 4.1.
*** Bug 66729 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***