Description from end user I've been trying to assist on this:
"If I have a master page I'm happy with, but then want to make a new variant with some minor modifications (a slightly different layout, say), I can't seem to find any way to copy the original one. The only way I've succeeded is by creating a new master page (which adopts the default layout/style), and then painstakingly copying every change I made to the original to the second page. This is frustratingly time-consuming and inefficient."
I was able to find a (rather convoluted) work-around:
- Save your preso with the master slide you want to copy, say as foo.odp
- Save it again, this time as bar.odp
- Open up foo.odp so you have two impress windows open
- Open up the master view in each impress window
- Drag the master you want to make a copy of to the slide canvas in the center of the impress window (not the slide pane on the left)
- You'll have a copy of the slide master you dragged over added to the bottom of the slide pane list
Would it be possible to add a 'duplicate' function to the right click context menu of slides in the master slide pane?
A note: this bug is the same problem with a diff suggested solution:
Thanks for filing the issue.
Would be a very useful addition indeed.
Currently the workaround is: copy the presentation, in that one rename the masterpage, copy&paste a slide with that masterpage to the original presentation :)
*** Bug 87669 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
A long time need of myself, too.
Is there any reason why this is not a duplicate of 45617 (Make Impress masterpages copyable)?
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 45617 ***
*** Bug 113407 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***